News in Brief
Atlanta Gets Teacher Grant
The Atlanta school district has received $10 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to help continue a program designed to attract and retain high-quality teachers. Superintendent Beverly Hall said the three-year grant will help the 50,000-student district establish a better way to evaluate and support teachers. The district hopes to train principals to monitor teacher effectiveness and set up performance-based pay for educators, she said.
Vol. 29, Issue 21, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL