Atlanta Gets Teacher Grant
The Atlanta school district has received $10 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to help continue a program designed to attract and retain high-quality teachers. Superintendent Beverly Hall said the three-year grant will help the 50,000-student district establish a better way to evaluate and support teachers. The district hopes to train principals to monitor teacher effectiveness and set up performance-based pay...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY