News in Brief
Atlanta Gets Teacher Grant
The Atlanta school district has received $10 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to help continue a program designed to attract and retain high-quality teachers. Superintendent Beverly Hall said the three-year grant will help the 50,000-student district establish a better way to evaluate and support teachers. The district hopes to train principals to monitor teacher effectiveness and set up performance-based pay for educators, she said.
Vol. 29, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of