News in Brief
Atlanta Gets Teacher Grant
The Atlanta school district has received $10 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to help continue a program designed to attract and retain high-quality teachers. Superintendent Beverly Hall said the three-year grant will help the 50,000-student district establish a better way to evaluate and support teachers. The district hopes to train principals to monitor teacher effectiveness and set up performance-based pay for educators, she said.
Vol. 29, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations