News in Brief
Letter Mocking 2nd Grader Lands Suspension for Phoenix Principal
A Phoenix principal who wrote a sarcastic letter chiding parents for children who were either “too lazy or too stupid” to complete their assignments in class was suspended after the missive was mistakenly sent home.
“The math we do is really easy,” said the letter from Ron Sterr, the principal of Litchfield Elementary School. “If your child is either too lazy or too stupid to finish it in class, I’m sending it home so that you can work with them and judge for yourself whether it is laziness or idiocy that inhibits your child’s progress.”
Mr. Sterr has called each parent individually to apologize and take responsibility. Superintendent Julianne Lein said the district apologizes for the incident and is taking steps to remedy the situation, including removing Mr. Sterr pending disciplinary action. He faces a demotion and possible termination.
Vol. 29, Issue 21, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Winchester School Committee, Winchester, MA
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL