News in Brief
Texas Governor Wants to Tie Licenses to School Enrollment
Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is proposing that high-school-age students in the state be required to hit the books if they want to legally hit the road.
Mr. Perry said students should have to prove they’re enrolled in school and working toward a diploma or a General Educational Development certificate if they want to get and keep a driver’s license.
He said during a campaign stop for the March 2 Republican primary for governor that hell ask the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Department of Public Safety to determine whats needed to implement such a program and work with lawmakers if legislation is necessary.
Vol. 29, Issue 20, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC