News in Brief
New Consulting Firm
Andrew J. Rotherham, a co-founder of the Washington think tank Education Sector and author of the Eduwonk blog, will launch a nonprofit firm specializing in improving outcomes for low-income students. He is joining forces with Kim Smith, the chief executive officer of the NewSchools Venture Fund of San Francisco, Chicago-based education consultant Monisha G. Lozier, and Mary K. Wells, a management consultant who has done work in Texas. Also joining as a senior associate will be Sara Mead, who is leaving the New America Foundation in Washington. The group will be called Bellwether Education.
Vol. 29, Issue 19, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME