News in Brief
New Consulting Firm
Andrew J. Rotherham, a co-founder of the Washington think tank Education Sector and author of the Eduwonk blog, will launch a nonprofit firm specializing in improving outcomes for low-income students. He is joining forces with Kim Smith, the chief executive officer of the NewSchools Venture Fund of San Francisco, Chicago-based education consultant Monisha G. Lozier, and Mary K. Wells, a management consultant who has done work in Texas. Also joining as a senior associate will be Sara Mead, who is leaving the New America Foundation in Washington. The group will be called Bellwether Education.
Vol. 29, Issue 19, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations