News in Brief
Minneapolis School Board Picks District Insider as Superintendent
The Minneapolis school board has chosen Deputy Superintendent Bernadeia Johnson to lead the 35,000-student district.
Superintendent Bill Green plans to leave at the end of the school year to return to teaching at Augsburg College.
School board Chairman Tom Madden said members decided to pick Ms. Johnson, 50, because she will deliver stability, continuity, and focus.
Vol. 29, Issue 19, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY