Calif. Education Reform Bills Before State Senate
Facing a fast-approaching deadline, California senators are being asked to back education reforms that give parents and state officials authority to overhaul the state's worst schools.
The state Senate is scheduled Wednesday to consider a pair of education-reform bills intended to help California qualify for $700 million in competitive federal grants.
"We are not in a position to turn our backs on the potential of $700 million to help kids in high-poverty schools," said Senate President Pro...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO