News in Brief
South Dakota Eyes Federal Money for School for Native Americans
South Dakota is applying for a federal grant from the Race to the Top Fund to help it build a residential school designed to improve academic achievement among American Indian students.
Under South Dakota's proposal, partners would establish a year-round residential school, likely in the Black Hills, for grades 9-12 and two years of postsecondary education.
The curriculum would focus on science, technology, engineering, and math to help provide future scientists and engineers.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations