News in Brief
Indiana to Cut School Funds
Gov. Mitch Daniels says Indiana will start cutting school funding this month. Mr. Daniels, a Republican, previously announced the K-12 cuts of about $300 million. Schools will lose about 3.5 percent of current state funding in 2010, starting with their January payments. State Superintendent Tony Bennett says school districts can find 3 percent savings without laying off teachers.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations