News in Brief
Indiana to Cut School Funds
Gov. Mitch Daniels says Indiana will start cutting school funding this month. Mr. Daniels, a Republican, previously announced the K-12 cuts of about $300 million. Schools will lose about 3.5 percent of current state funding in 2010, starting with their January payments. State Superintendent Tony Bennett says school districts can find 3 percent savings without laying off teachers.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ