News in Brief
Indiana to Cut School Funds
Gov. Mitch Daniels says Indiana will start cutting school funding this month. Mr. Daniels, a Republican, previously announced the K-12 cuts of about $300 million. Schools will lose about 3.5 percent of current state funding in 2010, starting with their January payments. State Superintendent Tony Bennett says school districts can find 3 percent savings without laying off teachers.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD