News in Brief
Indiana to Cut School Funds
Gov. Mitch Daniels says Indiana will start cutting school funding this month. Mr. Daniels, a Republican, previously announced the K-12 cuts of about $300 million. Schools will lose about 3.5 percent of current state funding in 2010, starting with their January payments. State Superintendent Tony Bennett says school districts can find 3 percent savings without laying off teachers.
Vol. 29, Issue 16, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN