Scholars Test Emotion-Sensitive Tutoring Software
'Intelligent' Systems Respond to Students' Cues
A high school student is working on a geometry problem with her tutor, “Jane.” The student solves the problem incorrectly and expresses frustration. Empathetic, Jane shows momentary frustration, too.
Then she responds encouragingly, “Let’s read again what the problem is asking.”
This scene would not be out of place in most educational environments were it not for one important detail: Jane is a character...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL