News in Brief
Uneven Playing Field
The civil rights division of the U.S. Education Department is investigating a complaint that some high schools in Rockingham County, N.C., favor male baseball athletes at the expense of girls softball teams. Superintendent Rodney Shotwell says he knows outdoor facilities for the teams at the four high schools are not equal, and changes are needed.
Vol. 29, Issue 15, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US