News in Brief
Uneven Playing Field
The civil rights division of the U.S. Education Department is investigating a complaint that some high schools in Rockingham County, N.C., favor male baseball athletes at the expense of girls softball teams. Superintendent Rodney Shotwell says he knows outdoor facilities for the teams at the four high schools are not equal, and changes are needed.
Vol. 29, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH