News in Brief
Uneven Playing Field
The civil rights division of the U.S. Education Department is investigating a complaint that some high schools in Rockingham County, N.C., favor male baseball athletes at the expense of girls softball teams. Superintendent Rodney Shotwell says he knows outdoor facilities for the teams at the four high schools are not equal, and changes are needed.
Vol. 29, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC