News in Brief
Uneven Playing Field
The civil rights division of the U.S. Education Department is investigating a complaint that some high schools in Rockingham County, N.C., favor male baseball athletes at the expense of girls softball teams. Superintendent Rodney Shotwell says he knows outdoor facilities for the teams at the four high schools are not equal, and changes are needed.
Vol. 29, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Dean of Culture
- Alma del Mar Charter School, New Bedford, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT