News in Brief
Chicago Board President Remembered
Michael Scott, 60, the president of the Chicago board of education, was remembered at services last month for his lengthy record of community service. His body was found Nov. 16 partially submerged in the Chicago River with a .380-caliber handgun nearby. The Cook County medical examiners office says he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Chicago police are continuing their investigation, but haven't found evidence that Mr. Scott was the victim of a crime.
Vol. 29, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations