News in Brief
Chicago Board President Remembered
Michael Scott, 60, the president of the Chicago board of education, was remembered at services last month for his lengthy record of community service. His body was found Nov. 16 partially submerged in the Chicago River with a .380-caliber handgun nearby. The Cook County medical examiners office says he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Chicago police are continuing their investigation, but haven't found evidence that Mr. Scott was the victim of a crime.
Vol. 29, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Director, Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness Program
- Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, CO
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA