News in Brief
Chicago Board President Remembered
Michael Scott, 60, the president of the Chicago board of education, was remembered at services last month for his lengthy record of community service. His body was found Nov. 16 partially submerged in the Chicago River with a .380-caliber handgun nearby. The Cook County medical examiners office says he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Chicago police are continuing their investigation, but haven't found evidence that Mr. Scott was the victim of a crime.
Vol. 29, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations