News in Brief
Interim Kansas Chief Named
The Kansas state board of education has named Diane DeBacker, a veteran Kansas educator, as the interim commissioner of the state education department. She fills the vacancy left by Alexa Posny, who has been confirmed as the U.S. Department of Education's assistant secretary for the office of special education and rehabilitative services.
Vol. 29, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA