News in Brief
Interim Kansas Chief Named
The Kansas state board of education has named Diane DeBacker, a veteran Kansas educator, as the interim commissioner of the state education department. She fills the vacancy left by Alexa Posny, who has been confirmed as the U.S. Department of Education's assistant secretary for the office of special education and rehabilitative services.
Vol. 29, Issue 08, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Executive Director for EdReports
- Koya Leadership Partners, Boston, MA
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD