News in Brief
Interim Kansas Chief Named
The Kansas state board of education has named Diane DeBacker, a veteran Kansas educator, as the interim commissioner of the state education department. She fills the vacancy left by Alexa Posny, who has been confirmed as the U.S. Department of Education's assistant secretary for the office of special education and rehabilitative services.
Vol. 29, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations