News in Brief
Strike Ends in Wash. District
Teachers in Kent, Wash., agreed last week to end a strike and head back to their classrooms. They overwhelmingly approved a contract that reduces class sizes, increases the time teachers spend with students, limits administrative meetings, and gives teachers a raise, said Kent Education Association spokesman Dale Folkerts. The district’s 1,700 teachers had been on strike for 18 days, delaying the start of school.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Director of Special Education
- Reading School District, Reading, PA
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Science Teacher
- Cle Elum-Roslyn School District, Cle Elum, WA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX