News in Brief
Strike Ends in Wash. District
Teachers in Kent, Wash., agreed last week to end a strike and head back to their classrooms. They overwhelmingly approved a contract that reduces class sizes, increases the time teachers spend with students, limits administrative meetings, and gives teachers a raise, said Kent Education Association spokesman Dale Folkerts. The district’s 1,700 teachers had been on strike for 18 days, delaying the start of school.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY