News in Brief
Strike Ends in Wash. District
Teachers in Kent, Wash., agreed last week to end a strike and head back to their classrooms. They overwhelmingly approved a contract that reduces class sizes, increases the time teachers spend with students, limits administrative meetings, and gives teachers a raise, said Kent Education Association spokesman Dale Folkerts. The district’s 1,700 teachers had been on strike for 18 days, delaying the start of school.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL