News in Brief
Strike Ends in Wash. District
Teachers in Kent, Wash., agreed last week to end a strike and head back to their classrooms. They overwhelmingly approved a contract that reduces class sizes, increases the time teachers spend with students, limits administrative meetings, and gives teachers a raise, said Kent Education Association spokesman Dale Folkerts. The district’s 1,700 teachers had been on strike for 18 days, delaying the start of school.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, Vestavia Hills, AL
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Director of Field Placement & Certification
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY