News in Brief
Strike Ends in Wash. District
Teachers in Kent, Wash., agreed last week to end a strike and head back to their classrooms. They overwhelmingly approved a contract that reduces class sizes, increases the time teachers spend with students, limits administrative meetings, and gives teachers a raise, said Kent Education Association spokesman Dale Folkerts. The district’s 1,700 teachers had been on strike for 18 days, delaying the start of school.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Principal - Residential School
- Milton Hershey School, Hershey, PA
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Piedmont Unified School District
- Piedmont Unified School District, Piedmont, CA