News in Brief
Massachusetts Charter School Announces Contract With Teachers
The first teachers’ union contract approved for one of Massachusetts’ 57 charter schools that operate outside a local public school district will allow performance-based teacher pay and a longer school day.
The three-year contract for teachers at the Conservatory Lab Charter School in Boston was reached after negotiations with the state chapter of the American Federation of Teachers, the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association said last week.
The school is the first of 57 Commonwealth Charter Schools to approve a teachers' contract. Commonwealth Charter schools operate independently of local districts. The state also has a handful of Horace Mann Charter Schools, which operate with the approval of their local districts and their teachers' unions.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom