News in Brief
Foundation Center Launches Site To Help Charities Leverage Stimulus
The New York City-based Foundation Center has launched a Web portal to help the philanthropic community leverage federal education dollars, particularly the new grants available as part of the economic-stimulus package.
The cornerstone of the Foundations for Education Excellence initiative is an online resource center developed with a grant from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation and in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Education.
The Web site includes interactive maps that track stimulus spending from the federal government to states and show foundations that are providing funding for K-12 reform. It also features compilations of best practices that foundations can draw from, and grant information and deadlines.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant or Associate Professor - Early Childhood/Literacy
- The College of Staten Island – The City University of New York, Staten Island, NY