News in Brief
Foundation Center Launches Site To Help Charities Leverage Stimulus
The New York City-based Foundation Center has launched a Web portal to help the philanthropic community leverage federal education dollars, particularly the new grants available as part of the economic-stimulus package.
The cornerstone of the Foundations for Education Excellence initiative is an online resource center developed with a grant from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation and in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Education.
The Web site includes interactive maps that track stimulus spending from the federal government to states and show foundations that are providing funding for K-12 reform. It also features compilations of best practices that foundations can draw from, and grant information and deadlines.
Vol. 29, Issue 04, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US