News in Brief
TV Star to Film at Phila. School
Beginning this fall, former talk show host and sitcom star Tony Danza will be facing an audience of Philadelphia 10th graders for a yet-to-be-titled reality show on teaching. School commissioners approved the filming of the series last week. The vote allows at least 13 episodes to be shot and broadcast on the cable channel A&E. Mr. Danza will be co-teaching an English class at Northeast High School. Critics say putting cameras in the classroom will disrupt students’ education. But the project is supported by some district officials and Mayor Michael Nutter, who say it will put a much-needed spotlight on urban education.
Vol. 29, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom