Duncan, AFT Underscore Need to Partner on Reforms
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan proudly held up the button, a gift from the president of the American Federation of Teachers, Randi Weingarten. Thousands of educators applauded.
The button read, “With you, not to you.”
That phrase echoes promises both Mr. Duncan and President Barack Obama have made to consult teachers as they promote...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA