"The 2009 Foundation for Child Development Child and Youth Well-Being Index Report"
A private philanthropic organization that measures child well-being based on 28 indicators says the economic recession had a negative impact on how children fared last year.
“There is a high probability that there will be some reversal of decades-long improvements,” wrote project co-ordinator Kenneth C. Land in the report published last week by the New York City-based Foundation for Child Development. “It is important for citizens, parents, and community and political leaders to be aware of these potential deteriorations,” he added.
For example, the report notes that, as family income goes down, there is a corresponding drop in child well-being. Residential mobility, which has increased as families move to seek employment, also has a negative impact on the well-being of children, the report states.
Vol. 28, Issue 33, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - T.C. Williams High School
- T.C. Williams High School, Alexandria, VA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Data Director
- NAIS, DC
- Assistant Superintendent - Curriculum and Instruction
- Darien Public Schools, Darien, CT
- Superintendent - Montgomery County Public Schools
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD