Oregon Teachers Scrap for Snacks
Some teachers call it righting an injustice, but critics are crying hypocrisy. Either way, a bill to allow junk food in teachers’ lounge vending machines has pulses pounding in the Oregon legislature.
The measure, still pending in the state Senate as of late last week, was approved Feb. 26 by the Oregon House—despite objections from some lawmakers opposed to an exemption for teachers from a state law limiting the sale of junk...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- High School Principal
- New Albany Plain Local Schools, New Albany, OH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Diversity Hiring Fair
- The Potomac SChool, Mclean, VA