Teaching Evolution at Issue in Two States
Policymakers in Louisiana, Texas debate science rules
Questions about the teaching of evolution in science classrooms have surfaced in Louisiana and Texas, two states where the topic has produced high-profile controversies in the past.
Louisiana’s state board of elementary and secondary education approved guidelines last week for school districts’ use of supplementary classroom materials during lessons on evolution, global...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX