Duncan, 5 Other Nominees Confirmed
The Senate swiftly approved six members of President Barack Obama's Cabinet on Tuesday, but put off for a day the vote on his choice of Hillary Rodham Clinton to be secretary of state.
The Senate confirmed all six with a single voice vote a little more than three hours after Obama took the oath of office to become the 44th president.
But Democratic hopes to add Clinton to that list were sidetracked when one senator, Republican John Cornyn of Texas, objected...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum & Instruction
- Holmdel Township School District, Holmdel, NJ
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL