News in Brief
Catholic Schools to Close
Roman Catholic church officials in New York City say they plan to close 11 schools in Brooklyn and Queens because of plummeting enrollment. The move affects more than 1,600 students in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio will make the final decision before school registration opens for the 2009-10 school year on Feb. 23.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations