News in Brief
Catholic Schools to Close
Roman Catholic church officials in New York City say they plan to close 11 schools in Brooklyn and Queens because of plummeting enrollment. The move affects more than 1,600 students in the Diocese of Brooklyn. Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio will make the final decision before school registration opens for the 2009-10 school year on Feb. 23.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY