News in Brief
Pa. District Settles Discrimination Case
An Erie County, Pa., school district will pay former teacher Angela Barsotti $100,000 to settle claims that it discriminated against her after she revealed she had an eating disorder and depression.
She claimed in her suit that she felt pressured to resign from the Iroquois district after she revealed the diagnosis because she was harassed.
She resigned in 2005. A confidentiality agreement bars the parties from discussing the settlement.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY