News in Brief
Pa. District Settles Discrimination Case
An Erie County, Pa., school district will pay former teacher Angela Barsotti $100,000 to settle claims that it discriminated against her after she revealed she had an eating disorder and depression.
She claimed in her suit that she felt pressured to resign from the Iroquois district after she revealed the diagnosis because she was harassed.
She resigned in 2005. A confidentiality agreement bars the parties from discussing the settlement.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA