News in Brief
Pa. District Settles Discrimination Case
An Erie County, Pa., school district will pay former teacher Angela Barsotti $100,000 to settle claims that it discriminated against her after she revealed she had an eating disorder and depression.
She claimed in her suit that she felt pressured to resign from the Iroquois district after she revealed the diagnosis because she was harassed.
She resigned in 2005. A confidentiality agreement bars the parties from discussing the settlement.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV