News in Brief
Ohio District Feeds Students Over Break
An Ohio school district says the economy is so tight it has kept its cafeterias open during the holiday break to provide hot lunches for needy students. It's the first time North College Hill School district outside Cincinnati has kept its lunch lines going through the holiday break. Officials say two-thirds of the district's 1,600 students are economically disadvantaged, up from fewer than one in 10 a decade ago.
Vol. 28, Issue 16, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal Madarin Dual Language Program
- Bellevue School District, Bellevue, WA
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations