News in Brief
Civil Rights Groups Scrutinizing Racial Tensions in Calif. District
Latino and black civil rights organizations have joined forces to examine reported racial tensions between students in the Oxnard Union High School District in California.
Members of the League of United Latin American Citizens and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People say they have received calls about tensions between black and Latino Oxnard students.
The new task force, including Ventura County NAACP President Regina K. Crawford, made an unannounced visit to Oxnard High School last week. Principal James Edwards says the school has a zero-tolerance policy regarding racially motivated threats and fights.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ