News in Brief
Civil Rights Groups Scrutinizing Racial Tensions in Calif. District
Latino and black civil rights organizations have joined forces to examine reported racial tensions between students in the Oxnard Union High School District in California.
Members of the League of United Latin American Citizens and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People say they have received calls about tensions between black and Latino Oxnard students.
The new task force, including Ventura County NAACP President Regina K. Crawford, made an unannounced visit to Oxnard High School last week. Principal James Edwards says the school has a zero-tolerance policy regarding racially motivated threats and fights.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX