Spellings Promotes World Education
As Republicans in Washington were bracing for an Election Day in which Democrats would win the presidency and gain seats in Congress, Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings traveled to Oman and the United Arab Emirates to talk about the importance of ensuring that all the world’s students have access to a high-quality education.
On Nov. 1, Secretary Spellings traveled to Muscat, Oman, where she visited with students and teachers at the American International School of Muscat. The next day, she participated in a discussion on education during a meeting of leaders from the G-8 and Broader Middle East North Africa countries. She returned to the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR