News in Brief
Conn. Governor Seeks to Help Districts With Their Heating Costs
Gov. M. Jodi Rell of Connecticut says she will ask lawmakers to allocate $10 million to help Connecticut social-service providers and schools pay their heating bills this winter.
Ms. Rell’s proposal sets aside $3.5 million for the nonprofit and community agencies, and $6.5 million for municipal school districts. She says municipal budgets would be strained by the cost of keeping classrooms adequately heated if aid is not offered.
Her proposal would require legislative approval.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA