News in Brief
Conn. Governor Seeks to Help Districts With Their Heating Costs
Gov. M. Jodi Rell of Connecticut says she will ask lawmakers to allocate $10 million to help Connecticut social-service providers and schools pay their heating bills this winter.
Ms. Rell’s proposal sets aside $3.5 million for the nonprofit and community agencies, and $6.5 million for municipal school districts. She says municipal budgets would be strained by the cost of keeping classrooms adequately heated if aid is not offered.
Her proposal would require legislative approval.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH