News in Brief
Conn. Governor Seeks to Help Districts With Their Heating Costs
Gov. M. Jodi Rell of Connecticut says she will ask lawmakers to allocate $10 million to help Connecticut social-service providers and schools pay their heating bills this winter.
Ms. Rell’s proposal sets aside $3.5 million for the nonprofit and community agencies, and $6.5 million for municipal school districts. She says municipal budgets would be strained by the cost of keeping classrooms adequately heated if aid is not offered.
Her proposal would require legislative approval.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA