News in Brief
Red Lake, Minn., Settlement Reached
Victims’ family members and survivors of the Red Lake High School shooting in Minnesota will split $1.5 million under a settlement reached with MacNeil Environmental Inc., a company hired to come up with a crisis plan for the school. As part of the settlement, MacNeil did not admit liability. Seven people at the school were killed and several others were injured March 21, 2005, when 16-year-old Jeffrey Weise carried out the attack, which ended when Mr. Weise killed himself.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA