News in Brief
Red Lake, Minn., Settlement Reached
Victims’ family members and survivors of the Red Lake High School shooting in Minnesota will split $1.5 million under a settlement reached with MacNeil Environmental Inc., a company hired to come up with a crisis plan for the school. As part of the settlement, MacNeil did not admit liability. Seven people at the school were killed and several others were injured March 21, 2005, when 16-year-old Jeffrey Weise carried out the attack, which ended when Mr. Weise killed himself.
Vol. 28, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Park City School District, Park City, UT