News in Brief
Food Company to Aid Push for Expanding School Meals Efforts
A school food-service company has made a three-year commitment to fund grants intended to increase the number of students who participate in the federally subsidized school breakfast and summer feeding programs.
The agreement was announced Sept. 25 at the annual meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative, a project of the nonpartisan William J. Clinton Foundation, founded by the former president.
East Side Entrees, based in Woodbury, N.Y., will provide $3 million every year for three years to the effort. The goal is to reach 600,000 children over three years. The 85,000-student Baltimore district will be the recipient of the first grant because it has a large number of nonparticipating students who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh