News in Brief
Site Offers Translated Standards:
A new Web site, created by an international organization and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, provides the public with access to the mathematics and science standards used in several high-performing Asian nations—fully translated into English. The site, http://hrd.apecwiki.org, was created by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, or APEC, an organization that promotes economic development, trade, and investment across 21 Pacific Rim countries. Although the Education Department sponsors the site, it does not screen materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA