News in Brief
Site Offers Translated Standards:
A new Web site, created by an international organization and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, provides the public with access to the mathematics and science standards used in several high-performing Asian nations—fully translated into English. The site, http://hrd.apecwiki.org, was created by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, or APEC, an organization that promotes economic development, trade, and investment across 21 Pacific Rim countries. Although the Education Department sponsors the site, it does not screen materials.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA