News in Brief
No Penalty for Test Woes
Puerto Rico’s Title I funding will not be jeopardized by plans to exempt it from an upcoming National Assessment of Educational Progress test in mathematics, federal officials say. In an April 2 letter, the U.S. Department of Education, citing questions over reliability, told Mark S. Schneider, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, that 2009 math-test results would not have to be reported, and that Puerto Rico would receive the aid.
Vol. 27, Issue 39, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations