News in Brief
No Penalty for Test Woes
Puerto Rico’s Title I funding will not be jeopardized by plans to exempt it from an upcoming National Assessment of Educational Progress test in mathematics, federal officials say. In an April 2 letter, the U.S. Department of Education, citing questions over reliability, told Mark S. Schneider, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, that 2009 math-test results would not have to be reported, and that Puerto Rico would receive the aid.
Vol. 27, Issue 39, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Park City School District, Park City, UT