News in Brief
No Penalty for Test Woes
Puerto Rico’s Title I funding will not be jeopardized by plans to exempt it from an upcoming National Assessment of Educational Progress test in mathematics, federal officials say. In an April 2 letter, the U.S. Department of Education, citing questions over reliability, told Mark S. Schneider, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, that 2009 math-test results would not have to be reported, and that Puerto Rico would receive the aid.
Vol. 27, Issue 39, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY