News in Brief
No Penalty for Test Woes
Puerto Rico’s Title I funding will not be jeopardized by plans to exempt it from an upcoming National Assessment of Educational Progress test in mathematics, federal officials say. In an April 2 letter, the U.S. Department of Education, citing questions over reliability, told Mark S. Schneider, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, that 2009 math-test results would not have to be reported, and that Puerto Rico would receive the aid.
Vol. 27, Issue 39, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC