News in Brief
No Penalty for Test Woes
Puerto Rico’s Title I funding will not be jeopardized by plans to exempt it from an upcoming National Assessment of Educational Progress test in mathematics, federal officials say. In an April 2 letter, the U.S. Department of Education, citing questions over reliability, told Mark S. Schneider, the commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, that 2009 math-test results would not have to be reported, and that Puerto Rico would receive the aid.
Vol. 27, Issue 39, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Director of Field Placement & Certification
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE