NCLB Tutoring Outside the Box
It’s time for Eduardo Rico, 7, to read aloud, and he doesn’t want to do it.
“It’s her turn,” he says, pointing at Kristen Roach, a volunteer tutor participating in the reading circle.
No, group leader Janet Medina tells him. Everyone else has had a turn, she says. You need...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ