Pittsburgh Public Schools Eliminating 153 Teaching Jobs
Pittsburgh Public Schools will eliminate 183 jobs next year, most of them teaching positions, because of declining enrollment, officials said.
To be cut are 153 teachers, 16 assistant principals and 14 "swim matrons" who help operate the swimming program, Superintendent Mark Roosevelt and Chief Financial Officer Christopher Berdnik said Friday. The cuts are expected...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations