Detailed State Reports
A special state-focused online supplement to Technology Counts 2008.
About This Report
This State Technology Report is a supplement to the 11th edition of Technology Counts, a joint project of Education Week and the Editorial Projects in Education Research Center. As in previous years, the EPE Research Center surveyed the states to assess the status of K-12 educational technology across the nation in the areas of access, use, and capacity. The report assigns grades to the states for their technology performance overall and in those three categories. The state report assembles key findings from the survey and other sources in a format that allows readers to examine a particular state’s performance.
|Download a State's Detail Report:|
For most indicators, national results are also provided as a benchmark against which the state can be measured. State grades are not comparable with those in last year’s report because of changes in two access indicators. As its theme this year, Technology Counts 2008 explores the push to improve education in the STEM fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Because of this, the state report also tracks achievement data in mathematics and science from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Vol. 27, Issue 30
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC