State of the States
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D) • Jan. 14
Gov. Sebelius proposed a new early-childhood block grant, which would focus on early education for “at-risk children and underserved areas.” She also reaffirmed her support as the state enters its third year of a three-year, $466 million K-12 education spending plan, and proposed a fourth year, which would include all-day kindergarten. The governor emphasized the importance of math, science, and technology education and proposed $1 million for teaching scholarships in those areas. She also said she would take steps to make higher education more affordable by proposing an additional $3 million for scholarships in the state budget.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ