State of the States
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D) • Jan. 14
Gov. Sebelius proposed a new early-childhood block grant, which would focus on early education for “at-risk children and underserved areas.” She also reaffirmed her support as the state enters its third year of a three-year, $466 million K-12 education spending plan, and proposed a fourth year, which would include all-day kindergarten. The governor emphasized the importance of math, science, and technology education and proposed $1 million for teaching scholarships in those areas. She also said she would take steps to make higher education more affordable by proposing an additional $3 million for scholarships in the state budget.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY