State of the States
Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) • Jan. 15
As part of a massive tax-overhaul package designed to lower property-tax bills for homeowners, Gov. Daniels proposed that Indiana’s public schools no longer be financed through property taxes. Currently, about 15 percent of K-12 operating expenses in the state are paid through property taxes. The proposal would shift the entire cost of running schools to the state.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA