State of the States
Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) • Jan. 15
As part of a massive tax-overhaul package designed to lower property-tax bills for homeowners, Gov. Daniels proposed that Indiana’s public schools no longer be financed through property taxes. Currently, about 15 percent of K-12 operating expenses in the state are paid through property taxes. The proposal would shift the entire cost of running schools to the state.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA