State of the States
Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) • Jan. 15
As part of a massive tax-overhaul package designed to lower property-tax bills for homeowners, Gov. Daniels proposed that Indiana’s public schools no longer be financed through property taxes. Currently, about 15 percent of K-12 operating expenses in the state are paid through property taxes. The proposal would shift the entire cost of running schools to the state.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE