State of the States
Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) • Jan. 15
As part of a massive tax-overhaul package designed to lower property-tax bills for homeowners, Gov. Daniels proposed that Indiana’s public schools no longer be financed through property taxes. Currently, about 15 percent of K-12 operating expenses in the state are paid through property taxes. The proposal would shift the entire cost of running schools to the state.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Professional Development Specialist
- Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC