State of the States
Gov. Dave Heineman (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Heineman’s State of the State speech emphasized accountability in pre-K-12 education. He called for a simplified student-measurement system, increased parental involvement, and more-rigorous academic standards to close the achievement gap and increase overall academic performance. He noted his recommendation to fully fund the state’s school aid formula, and also praised efforts by the University of Nebraska to increase college-attendance rates.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- School Principal
- BLSYW, Baltimore, MD
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR