State of the States
Gov. Dave Heineman (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Heineman’s State of the State speech emphasized accountability in pre-K-12 education. He called for a simplified student-measurement system, increased parental involvement, and more-rigorous academic standards to close the achievement gap and increase overall academic performance. He noted his recommendation to fully fund the state’s school aid formula, and also praised efforts by the University of Nebraska to increase college-attendance rates.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN