State of the States
Gov. Dave Heineman (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Heineman’s State of the State speech emphasized accountability in pre-K-12 education. He called for a simplified student-measurement system, increased parental involvement, and more-rigorous academic standards to close the achievement gap and increase overall academic performance. He noted his recommendation to fully fund the state’s school aid formula, and also praised efforts by the University of Nebraska to increase college-attendance rates.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH