State of the States
Gov. Dave Heineman (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Heineman’s State of the State speech emphasized accountability in pre-K-12 education. He called for a simplified student-measurement system, increased parental involvement, and more-rigorous academic standards to close the achievement gap and increase overall academic performance. He noted his recommendation to fully fund the state’s school aid formula, and also praised efforts by the University of Nebraska to increase college-attendance rates.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Director, Professional Development Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA