State of the States
Gov. Dave Heineman (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Heineman’s State of the State speech emphasized accountability in pre-K-12 education. He called for a simplified student-measurement system, increased parental involvement, and more-rigorous academic standards to close the achievement gap and increase overall academic performance. He noted his recommendation to fully fund the state’s school aid formula, and also praised efforts by the University of Nebraska to increase college-attendance rates.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC