State of the States
Gov. Sarah Palin (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Palin asked lawmakers to support her proposal for an overhaul of school funding, which she says will bring greater stability and equity to districts across Alaska. She recently unveiled a plan to fund schools on a three-year budget cycle, which she believes would make it easier for them to plan spending. Her proposal also would change the “district cost” formula to provide greater resources to K-12 systems with particularly high expenses. In addition, the plan would increase the base student allocation of $5,380 per pupil by $200 annually for three years, and greatly expand funding for special-needs students.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 17
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA