State of the States
Gov. Sarah Palin (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Palin asked lawmakers to support her proposal for an overhaul of school funding, which she says will bring greater stability and equity to districts across Alaska. She recently unveiled a plan to fund schools on a three-year budget cycle, which she believes would make it easier for them to plan spending. Her proposal also would change the “district cost” formula to provide greater resources to K-12 systems with particularly high expenses. In addition, the plan would increase the base student allocation of $5,380 per pupil by $200 annually for three years, and greatly expand funding for special-needs students.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 17
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME