State of the States
Gov. Sarah Palin (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Palin asked lawmakers to support her proposal for an overhaul of school funding, which she says will bring greater stability and equity to districts across Alaska. She recently unveiled a plan to fund schools on a three-year budget cycle, which she believes would make it easier for them to plan spending. Her proposal also would change the “district cost” formula to provide greater resources to K-12 systems with particularly high expenses. In addition, the plan would increase the base student allocation of $5,380 per pupil by $200 annually for three years, and greatly expand funding for special-needs students.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 17
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN