State of the States
Gov. Sarah Palin (R) • Jan. 15
Gov. Palin asked lawmakers to support her proposal for an overhaul of school funding, which she says will bring greater stability and equity to districts across Alaska. She recently unveiled a plan to fund schools on a three-year budget cycle, which she believes would make it easier for them to plan spending. Her proposal also would change the “district cost” formula to provide greater resources to K-12 systems with particularly high expenses. In addition, the plan would increase the base student allocation of $5,380 per pupil by $200 annually for three years, and greatly expand funding for special-needs students.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 17
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ