State of the States
Gov. Tim Kaine (D) • Jan. 9
Gov. Kaine highlighted early-childhood education in his State of the Commonwealth address, announcing a plan to expand the state‘s preschool program for 4-year-olds from low-income families. The increase would allow nearly 20,000 children to participate, up from about 13,000 children. He said investment in early education is vital to the future of the state. The governor also proposed a 3.5 percent teacher-pay increase, effective July 1, 2009.
Vol. 27, Issue 19, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV