State of the States
Gov. Tim Kaine (D) • Jan. 9
Gov. Kaine highlighted early-childhood education in his State of the Commonwealth address, announcing a plan to expand the state‘s preschool program for 4-year-olds from low-income families. The increase would allow nearly 20,000 children to participate, up from about 13,000 children. He said investment in early education is vital to the future of the state. The governor also proposed a 3.5 percent teacher-pay increase, effective July 1, 2009.
Vol. 27, Issue 19, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA