State of the States
Gov. Tim Kaine (D) • Jan. 9
Gov. Kaine highlighted early-childhood education in his State of the Commonwealth address, announcing a plan to expand the state‘s preschool program for 4-year-olds from low-income families. The increase would allow nearly 20,000 children to participate, up from about 13,000 children. He said investment in early education is vital to the future of the state. The governor also proposed a 3.5 percent teacher-pay increase, effective July 1, 2009.
Vol. 27, Issue 19, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY