State of the States
Gov. Tim Kaine (D) • Jan. 9
Gov. Kaine highlighted early-childhood education in his State of the Commonwealth address, announcing a plan to expand the state‘s preschool program for 4-year-olds from low-income families. The increase would allow nearly 20,000 children to participate, up from about 13,000 children. He said investment in early education is vital to the future of the state. The governor also proposed a 3.5 percent teacher-pay increase, effective July 1, 2009.
Vol. 27, Issue 19, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY