News in Brief
New Appointee Starts Job As Florida’s K-12 Chancellor
Frances Haithcock has become Florida’s K-12 chancellor, replacing Cheri Pierson Yecke, who stepped down after losing a bid for education commissioner, the state’s top public schools job.
Commissioner of Education Eric J. Smith, hired by the state board of education in October, named Ms. Haithcock to succeed Ms. Yecke, starting last week.
Ms. Haithcock formerly worked with Mr. Smith in his last position as a senior vice president of the New York City-based College Board.
Ms. Yecke is the third top Florida education leader with close ties to former Gov. Jeb Bush to leave since his successor and fellow Republican, Gov. Charlie Crist, took office a year ago.
Vol. 27, Issue 17, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL