California charter schools that are run by charter-management organizations, or CMOs, outperform other charter schools in the state, concludes a report by the Mountain View, Calif.-based EdSource, a California education research organization.
The study defines CMOs as organizations that provide administrative support and curriculum development for multiple charter schools, such as Green Dot Public Schools in Los Angeles and Aspire Public Schools in Northern California. CMO-managed charter schools consistently produced higher test scores in mathematics and English than other charter schools, and they received a significantly higher ranking, according to California’s Academic Performance Index. The report reviews standardized test-score data from 346 charter schools and 7,122 traditional public schools.
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations