Middle and high school students must be able to exceed standard reading levels in order to compete successfully in a 21st century global economy, says a report by the Washington-based Alliance for Excellent Education.
Requiring writing assignments in every subject area will help boost literacy rates for middle and high school students, suggests the report. To reach this goal, researchers encourage school districts to provide ongoing professional training for teachers to help them define writing and reading goals for their specific subject areas.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA