Middle and high school students must be able to exceed standard reading levels in order to compete successfully in a 21st century global economy, says a report by the Washington-based Alliance for Excellent Education.
Requiring writing assignments in every subject area will help boost literacy rates for middle and high school students, suggests the report. To reach this goal, researchers encourage school districts to provide ongoing professional training for teachers to help them define writing and reading goals for their specific subject areas.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY