Middle and high school students must be able to exceed standard reading levels in order to compete successfully in a 21st century global economy, says a report by the Washington-based Alliance for Excellent Education.
Requiring writing assignments in every subject area will help boost literacy rates for middle and high school students, suggests the report. To reach this goal, researchers encourage school districts to provide ongoing professional training for teachers to help them define writing and reading goals for their specific subject areas.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY