Eighty-six percent of high school guidance counselors are concerned about the amount of debt students take on to pay for college, says a study.
Almost all counselors—97 percent—believe that students and parents need a lot of advice before making decisions about student loans. Eighty percent of counselors believe they are at least “somewhat prepared” to discuss student-loan options with them.
The report, produced by the Alexandria, Va.-based National Association for College Admission Counseling, surveyed 1,508 high school guidance offices across the United States.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA