Eighty-six percent of high school guidance counselors are concerned about the amount of debt students take on to pay for college, says a study.
Almost all counselors—97 percent—believe that students and parents need a lot of advice before making decisions about student loans. Eighty percent of counselors believe they are at least “somewhat prepared” to discuss student-loan options with them.
The report, produced by the Alexandria, Va.-based National Association for College Admission Counseling, surveyed 1,508 high school guidance offices across the United States.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA