Eighty-six percent of high school guidance counselors are concerned about the amount of debt students take on to pay for college, says a study.
Almost all counselors—97 percent—believe that students and parents need a lot of advice before making decisions about student loans. Eighty percent of counselors believe they are at least “somewhat prepared” to discuss student-loan options with them.
The report, produced by the Alexandria, Va.-based National Association for College Admission Counseling, surveyed 1,508 high school guidance offices across the United States.
Vol. 26, Issue 42, Page 17
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- High School Director of School Support and Improvement
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY