Programs providing school choice have saved state and local budgets almost $444 million over the past 16 years, a report released by the Indianapolis-based Milton & Rose D. Friedman Foundation concludes.
Every voucher and tax-credit scholarship program is at least fiscally neutral, and most produce significant savings for school districts, according to the foundation, which supports vouchers and other forms of school choice. Also, instructional per-pupil spending has increased in all affected public school districts, contradicting the belief that school choice programs take money away from public school students, the report says.
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh