High school students who take part in community service, both voluntarily and to fulfill a school requirement, are more likely than peers who weren't participants to vote and volunteer as adults, a report concludes.
The report, financed by the William T. Grant Foundation and published in the American Educational Research Journal, also found that participation in extracurricular activities during high school was a strong predictor of adult voting and volunteering. Researchers used data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth for the study.
Vol. 26, Issue 32, Page 14
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA