Forty-two states have established technology standards for their students, and twenty-seven have enacted minimum standards for teachers' technology use in the classroom, a report finds.
Published by the U.S. Department of Education, the report is the first installment of a multiyear evaluation that examines the implementation of the federal Enhancing Education Through Technology program, which was designed to modernize schools and integrate technology into public education. It includes data from surveys of state and district educational technology directors in 2004 and 2005 and case studies from six states.
Vol. 26, Issue 32, Page 14
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA