Four Mass. Schools to Become 'Pilots'
The Massachusetts state board of education has granted four low-performing schools’ requests for the type of autonomy typically enjoyed by charter schools. In a unanimous vote March 28, the board approved the schools’ turnaround plans. It will work with them to refine the plans until they reopen as “commonwealth pilot schools” in September. ( "Easing Rules Over Schools Gains Favor," ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- High School Principal
- New Albany Plain Local Schools, New Albany, OH
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Diversity Hiring Fair
- The Potomac SChool, Mclean, VA