Africa's Private Schools
While previous studies have suggested that private schools with little competition in developing countries are low-quality alternatives to public schools, the relationship between public and private schools in those countries is actually much more complex, says a report.
The study—by the National Center for the Study of Privatization in Education at Teachers College, Columbia University—examines private school markets in Malawi, Nigeria, Uganda, and Zambia. Each country had different situations. For example, Malawi's private schools were equivalent in quality to its public schools, but Zambia’s private schools were consistently inferior to its public schools.
Vol. 26, Issue 29, Page 11
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV