Being in a school environment may help children curb weight gain, a report suggests.
Using data gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics from 5,380 5- and 6-year-olds in 310 elementary schools, researchers from Indiana University and Ohio State University found that growth in body-mass index was faster over the summer than during the school year. African-American and Hispanic children, and youngsters who were overweight at the start of kindergarten were particularly at risk for summer weight gain.
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR