Being in a school environment may help children curb weight gain, a report suggests.
Using data gathered by the National Center for Education Statistics from 5,380 5- and 6-year-olds in 310 elementary schools, researchers from Indiana University and Ohio State University found that growth in body-mass index was faster over the summer than during the school year. African-American and Hispanic children, and youngsters who were overweight at the start of kindergarten were particularly at risk for summer weight gain.
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA