After-school programs with an international focus may help students in the United States prepare for the global market, a report concludes.
Based on a forum convened by the New York City-based Asia Society and the San Rafael, Calif.-based George Lucas Educational Foundation, the report details the importance of international awareness in students and provides recommendations for implementing globally focused after-school programs. Programs should teach students skills or attitudes such as sensitivity to foreign cultures, fluency in foreign languages, and an understanding of international trade, according to the report.
Vol. 26, Issue 26, Page 14
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT